Psychotherapy Associates of Niagara
Dr. Skiba is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), having received his Master of Social Work (MSW) and Doctorate (Ph.D.) degrees from the State University of New York at Buffalo. He has accumulated twenty-five plus years of experience in a multitude of settings: as a faculty member and counselor at the University of Maryland; as a psychiatric social worker for the Niagara County Department of Mental Health; as a group therapist for recovering alcoholics at the Niagara Falls Medical Center; as an intervention specialist with the Buffalo General Hospital; research assistant for the Research Institute on Addictions; and in varied roles across several human services. He has maintained a limited private psychotherapy practice for the past 16 years, while also working as an Associate Professor at a local college where he taught, conducted research and presented findings nationally and internationally.
Professional affiliations have included:
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors & Therapists (ASSECT)
- Mental Health Association of Niagara County
- Pinnacle Community Services (a.k.a. Family & Children’s Services of Niagara, Inc.)
- SAGE Publications – invited textbook reviewer.
Health Care Provider Identifiers
Dr. Skiba is credentialed by the National Provider Identifier (NPI) and by the Council for Affordable Quality Health Care/Universal Credentialing DataSource (CAQH). He is fully licensed in the State of New York, accepting most insurance plans.
419 Walnut Ave. Niagara Falls, NY 14301
Designed by Psychotherapy Associates of Niagara © 2023
Our Clinical Associates are experienced and professionally licensed mental health professionals spanning a wide variety of specialties.
Areas of Practice
Dr. Skiba offers psychotherapy for a range of adult problem areas (18+ yrs. of age) including:
- Communication & Relationship issues (individuals only)
- Mindfulness & Relaxation challenges
- Adult ADHD disorders & adjustment
- Career and/or Academic Coaching
- Personal exploration and development
- Sexual identity, orientation, or behavioral concerns
Dr. Skiba combines integrative, evidence-based practices under a short-term solution-focused model. Most importantly, he believes client care can be crafted to the unique needs and strengths of everyone, in an atmosphere of support, compassion and practicality.